us a scene from your current project. It can be creepy, adventurous,
romantic, etc. Just a snippet to let readers see what they’re in for!
* Must be from a current work-in-progress (WIP). Nothing already published.
* You may choose from any section of the manuscript, but be mindful not to include spoilers.
* Keep it clean and YA audience friendly, please. No erotica.
Stay under 300 words or about one page. It can be as little as a few
lines if you prefer. We just want to give readers a chance to see
* Link back to Chirenjenzie so we can enjoy others’ work as well!
* Include the guidelines in your post.
Today’s Wordsmith Wednesday comes from The Heart of the Ancients, the third and final book in the Kailmeyra Series. While I have been working on a few other pieces, I’m really focused on completing the rough draft of the Ancients so that I can start revisions early summer. We are looking to release the book on earth day 2013.
While all Wordsmith Wednesday’s are subject to change, here’s the opening lines of the first book. Let me know what you think!
Crimson bled across the sky as dawn loomed on the horizon. A blanket of fog still slept in the lowlands, making the practice fields seem surreal. The forest was silent as if suspended in time, and, for a moment, there was no fear.That is, until I saw the gleam of silver dance in and out of the trees.